Monday, July 30, 2012

Not Your Average Interview...


Mackenzie Leigh at 3 Years Old
Once again, Pinterest provided a great idea and I ran with it...
Ask your child every year on his or her birthday, the same questions and see each year how the answers change.  So here are Mackenzie's 3 year old interview questions.  
*I tried my very best to quote these answers exactly as they were given.  No edits!
1. What is your favorite color? "Pink!"

2. What is your favorite toy? "Ummm.  Hmm. What do I like? My purse!"

3. What is your favorite fruit? "Lemonade!" (I started to argue that this wasn't a real fruit but then I realized, well, it kind of is...haha.)


4. What is your favorite tv show? "Max and Ruby!"

5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? "Ham and cheese sandwich."

6. What is your favorite outfit? "Ohhh...what do I like on my shirt?  I like Larry and Bob." 

To which I said, "You don't have a Larry and Bob shirt." "Ohhh...what do I like then?  I like a dress with flowers on it!"

7. What is your favorite game? "Basketball!"  To which I asked, "Have you ever played basketball?" "No, but when I get big and strong I want to play basketball with you!"  "How bout soccer ball?" 

8. What is your favorite snack? "I like macaronie." "For a snack?" "Okay, I like goldfish."

9. What is your favorite animal? "I like Grover and Abby."  Once again, I was going to argue but....are they not animals?  I think they are?? "Okay, what about your favorite Zoo animal?" (more what I was originally aiming for) "Elephants!"


10. What is your favorite song? "The Taylor song.  The people throw rocks one."

11. What is your favorite book? "Pete the Cat!"
12. Who is your best friend? "Abby." (Next door neighbor)
13. What is your favorite breakfast food? "Pancakes and waffles."
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? "Play house!  And make food in my house."
15. What is your favorite drink? "Hot chocolate!"
16. What is your favorite holiday? "Halloween."
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? "Teddy!"
18. What is your favorite thing to do with mommy and daddy? "I like to help you clean up."
Let's see if this is the same answer next year ;)
19. What was your favorite birthday memory? "My tricycle." 
 
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? "I want to play something...""Yes, but what kind of job do you want to do?" "I want to be a doctor." "Will you be a doctor for me when I am sick mommy?" "Yes, of course." 

20. What makes you sad? "When I go poo in my pants." (She'll kill me for this one someday)
21. What makes you happy?  "Pancakes and playing with my toys." (Both of which she was doing during this interview.  I think they were at the forefront of her mind.)
22. What are you most excited for right now? "Papa and Grandma and Aunt Kels! And Teddy's birthday party! And singing to him."

1 comment: