Friday, February 13, 2015

XOXO, Mack & Levi

One of the things that I love so much about my girl is her love for all things holiday.  She is so much like her momma in that way.  My girl, the girl who has to wear cute boots and eat pumpkin pancakes and shop for candles on "Happy Fall Day" even though she's only 5 years old.  That's Mack for you.
 
Well, true to her sweet little self, she's been begging me to make gluten free Valentine's Day Cookies for weeks and today we finally did it.  While "bro bro" (as she calls him) napped, we had Mommy & Mack time.  I love the intensity that she brings to the table every single time we take on a project.
 


 
Without a doubt one of my all time favorite pictures of her.  Her smile just lights up a room.


 
 
 

Bro Bro finally emerged from his 3.5 hour slumber (Don't be jealous-- this is not the norm!)




 
I recently read somewhere that our children will not remember how clean or how messy the house was while they were growing up.  But they will remember how stressed mom was because of how clean or how messy the house was.  Such a simple statement but so much truth packed into it. 
 
On a day like today, there was flour all over my kitchen, cookie cutters littering the ground, dough balls fallen to the floor and then trampled around our house by little feet.  We had dishes in the sink, eggs dropped on the floor.  You name it. It was a total disaster zone. 
 
But I'm so incredibly thankful that I've grown to this place as a momma where the messes no longer matter.  The smiles in these pictures are what hold a magnitude of importance.  There will be more dishes in the sink tomorrow and the next day and the one after that. I could drive myself (and my kids) absolutely crazy with a need for control and cleanliness.  But what fun would that be?
 
So today, we played in the messes and we giggled and ate raw cookie dough.  And I'm certain that those moments from today will have a stamped place in our memory far longer than the dishes piled high on the counter. 
 
 
 
Mack & Levi,
You have my whole heart for my whole life. 
I love you my sweet babies,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment