Monday, November 9, 2015

We Are Thankful ^

Happy November friends!  This blog has seen a lot of heavier posts lately so I thought I would change the atmosphere a little bit and share a new tradition we decided to start this year. 
  
I created some free printable thankful leaves as a daily way for our family to share what we are thankful for and display the leaves in our home.
 
 
 
 
 
  I got this particular tree while out thrift shopping but you can also find a mini tree like this for around $10 at T.J.Maxx.  What's great is that after November, I'll tuck our thankful leaves into a folder to remember in later years and we can use our mini tree to act as our Advent tree for the month of December.  So print off the leaves, set out some crayons, glitter, paint, kid's scissors, a hole punch and some ribbon.  Anything to give your kids a project while you make dinner!
 
 
 
This year I am just so incredibly thankful for my babies.  I know some of you mommas are probably rolling your eyes at this cliché line.  But if you've followed my blog even for a little while then you know that I'm usually pretty candid about the ups and downs of motherhood.  We've been in a pretty hard season and my kids have been such a daily reminder of how blessed I am to be a momma. So many women would give anything to have two healthy babies to snuggle and love on.
 
 
 
Some of the leaves are a little small for kids who like to print LARGE.  So grab a thin sharpie marker and ask them what they are thankful for.  My favorite this week was Levi's, "I thankful that I get to eat cookies."  And then he proceeded to serenade us with a round of Cookie Monster's "C Is For Cookie."  You gotta' love toddlers.
 
 
Don't forget to get the free printable thankful leaves
 
 
This month I'm linking up with Aleigh over at The Joy of Life Blog for a series of thankfulness posts! What are YOU most thankful for this month?
 photo signature_zpslh0qvxnv.png

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I will be printing these leaves out after the kiddos are in bed! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea so much! I'll definitely be using it when my baby gets older! Thanks for linking up, I really enjoyed your post :)

    ReplyDelete