Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Belmont!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with who Belmont is, check out my storybook characters post.  It will tell you everything you need to know.  And, after you read about Belmont you may think that we are one of those crazy "treat your pet like a human" families. I promise we really aren't that family.  

We wanted to celebrate Belmont's birthday mainly so that we could begin to get Mack excited about her own big birthday celebration that is coming up in a few weeks.  JB and I thought that this would be a fun way to celebrate Belmont 
while also teaching Mack a little more about celebrating life
...and presents, treats and candles.  

So, last night after putting Mack to bed I slaved in the kitchen, poking and prodding at cookie dough attempting to create "Belmont" face cookies.  After configuring my first kitty head out of cookie dough, I popped my pan into the oven.  
Ten minutes later to my horror, this is what I found.
Not quite what I had in mind.  
Luckily, some restructuring of the "Hello Kitty like" ears 
finally brought me to these.
I thought they turned out decent.  Enough so that Mack was appalled when we suggested tonight at Belmont's party that she take a bit out of her kitty head.

Now, on to the celebration...
Pre-Party Pictures!
Clearly, Belmont is thrilled to be present at his party 
and wearing his 1st birthday hat.  This was after we chased him around the house for ten minutes trying to tackle him to put on the hat.  Like I said...clearly thrilled.
Eating his birthday present while Mack 
watches enviously hoping to blow out his single candle.
We love you Belmont!  
Happy 1st birthday to our little man. 
And yes, I realize that now I do in fact sound like a crazy cat person.

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe she is going to be 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! bday gift ideas for best friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Happy birthday to the little one. My niece is also going to turn three this month and I have booked her favorite event space Chicago for her birthday celebration. Also, I need to think of a good theme this time because a lot of her friends are going to attend this party.

    ReplyDelete