Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy September


Happy September from the mountains of Colorado.  Today officially felt like fall.  It was bliss.  I rocked a sweater dress and drank a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  And although I loved today, I would be lying if I said that there wasn't a part of me that was taken back to two years ago.  Back then we had a newborn.  Back then we were living on no sleep and lots of coffee.  Back then school books were a thing of the past.  Back then Chicago was home. I love Colorado and I know that the Lord has used this past year to bring me to a place of total surrender.  I will thank Him everyday for the ways He has allowed me to change and grow since moving out West.  But with that said, Chicago will always have a piece of my heart. The memories of our time there will forever have me reminiscing. 
 Especially when September rolls around.








"This is the time of year you don't want to get tied down.
You want to be outdoors. I love Chicago in September. Perfect
skies. The Cubs losing. Sailboats on the water. Warm, the sun
still hot... with that occasional blast of Arctic wind to remind
you of winter, keep you on your toes. Students coming back,
bookstores full, everybody busy." - Proof (The Play)

No comments:

Post a Comment