Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Do You Butter Cream?

Hi Friends,
I've decided to take a break from Little Mountain Momma for a while to focus on writing my book and to spend some extra time with our little family.  Before I go, I wanted to share an update to an older post I did from a few years back.

Tonight we celebrated JB's 30th birthday.
We were married at 20, so in a sense, this birthday seems like a pretty big deal.  We managed to pack a whole lot of living into the past 10 years.  


We've lived in two different states and 5 apartments before finally buying our first home. We've owned 4 vehicles.  We both beat our bodies into submission by running marathons, ha!

We've had...well...way too many pets.  I lost count after the last surprise litter of bunnies.  And we still don't know where that darn Belmont ran off to. 

We created life together 4 times -- two of those babies we have the privilege of raising here and two that we will meet in heaven. 

The past 10 years hasn't looked much like I ever would have pictured but it sure has been an amazing ride.

Tonight we celebrated with chocolate cake and my Grammy's out of this world butter cream frosting recipe.  It's too good not to share it with you.


Grammy's Butter Cream Frosting Recipe 


My grandma's handwritten recipes will always taste best to me.

Recipe
1 egg white
1/2 c. soft margarine
1/2 c. crisco (vegetable oil spread)
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. warm milk (make sure it isn't steaming so as to not curdle your recipe)
1 t. vanilla

Beat egg white till light & foamy 
Add margarine, shortening, sugar, milk & vanilla,
Beat for 8-10 minutes (until desired texture)

* I added a bit of cocoa powder to make a chocolate version but vanilla is wonderful too!

Refrigerate to thicken or until you want to frost your cake.  Or just eat it with a spoon straight from the mixing bowl.  That's probably the best way to do it.


Happy Birthday, my love.  I can hardly wait to see what the next decade holds for our little family. 
 photo signature_zpslh0qvxnv.png
*Edited as of 3/31/16


No comments:

Post a Comment