Monday, August 29, 2011

As High As I Can Reach

About a month back, one of my oldest friends Rachelle flew in for a quick visit.  
While browsing some downtown Littleton shops, 
(by downtown I do not mean BIG city downtown--
I mean one tiny little two block street),
we came across this absolutely adorable step stool in a boutique.


Main Street redeemed itself upon finding this one.


 I know...all of my girl friends just gasped and went "Awwww!"  
Am I right?

Now want to guess the price tag on this baby?
Try somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 bucks.

Now, if you know me at all
you know I don't spend that kind of money on just anything.
At least not if I can help it.

Which is when the ideas in my brain began to turn. 
We started snapping pictures.
No, we weren't suppose to. Yes, we were asked to leave.
Shame on them for trying to keep me from stealing the cutest idea alive.
Lucky for me, I had already gotten what I needed.  
Don't worry--I'll give them credit for it when my project is all done.

In the meantime, here are some other step stools that I've come across while on my search for the perfect blank canvas.



I even considered building my own. HA.  
I think we can all just laugh ourselves silly over that one.


Luckily, I found this beauty on craigslist. $15 bucks and it is mine. 


So now I have the goal of turning this...


into something similar to this....


I always have loved a good challenge!

1 comment: