Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Challenge complete. Sort of.

I'll make this short and sweet.  After spending hours upon hours to finish our 
"Love Lives Here" sign for the Pinterest Challenge, I'm done and not as thrilled as I had hoped.  Had you asked me yesterday afternoon I might have said it turned out great.  After 12 hours of staring at it and mentally picking it to pieces I am less than thrilled.

 I clearly went a little slap happy with the buttons.  And the pretty fabric that is suppose to be see between buttons?  I must have missed the memo. My fabric is nearly non existent. Or at least it looks that way. Obviously, my work of art didn't need to look exactly like the original idea but I understand now why I should have went a little lighter on the buttons.  The paper behind the buttons has begun to shift and wrinkle.  This is all very visible when you stand within say-- 5 feet of the frame. Or when trying to take a picture for blogging purposes.  
Needless to say, the perfectionist in me will be re-doing this project.

              
Yeah.... just not quite as cute. Sigh.  Oh well, you can't win everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment