Monday, November 30, 2015

O' Christmas Tree

This past weekend we caravanned our way through the snow with friends of ours to a little mountain town to hunt down and chop our own Christmas tree.  For the first eight years of our marriage I won the "fake tree" battle.  For the past two years Jeremy has won out with his real tree.  Humbly, I'll admit that I love our real tree and I'll never go back.  There's just something about the smell of fresh pine and the excitement of the tradition of picking a new tree each Christmas season.
 
 
 
 
 
I confess, I'm not a big fan of winter.  I would be perfectly content to decorate a Florida palm tree while sipping a fruity drink, toes in the sand on Christmas morning.  But this tradition just really won me over.  I loved watching my babies play in the snow, the way the sun cast its glow onto a pure white landscape and the way the mountains loomed their silhouette behind us.  It was pretty magical. 
 
 
 

A little tailgating with friends after the tree hunting! 
 
 
 
 
 
 And, in true 2 year old fashion, Levi decided he was done cooperating rigghht about the time I requested this family photo.  Hence the hand on my forehead and laughter as I realized, "This is going to be quite the Christmas photo". 
 

And, here you have it friends. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I shared a very similar post a few weeks back, except we were minus the snow (for which I am exceptionally jealous) and the tailgaiting (again- JEALOUS). Loved reading this! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete